Watch EW’s video here
Each phase, much like the stages of grief, take a different amount of time for each person. The most important thing to remember as you work through the five phases of a career crisis is to allow yourself to be human.
The Five Phases:
- Rejection – When rejection comes, it’s not something we are used to handling.
- Resolve – Intentional effort to do something different. A decision that you will stick with.
- Resilience – Moving that idea forward and having the courage to do something with it.
- Recovery – You are starting to find your way again. You get your “swagger” back. You are figuring out what’s next.
- Role Modeling – After recovery, it’s important to carry this forward. Showing and demonstrating that during career transition and crisis that opportunities abound.
See more from EW Tibbs at ewtibbs.com.