[Video] The Five Rs to Successfully Manage a Career Transition or Crisis
by EW Tibbs | Mar 4, 2020 | Balance, Development, Executive Coaching, General, Healthcare Industry, Job Search, Leadership, Networking, Planning, Tips, Transition
Watch EW’s video here
Each phase, much like the stages of grief, take a different amount of time for each person. The most important thing to remember as you work through the five phases of a career crisis is to allow yourself to be human.
The Five Phases:
- Rejection – When rejection comes, it’s not something we are used to handling.
- Resolve – Intentional effort to do something different. A decision that you will stick with.
- Resilience – Moving that idea forward and having the courage to do something with it.
- Recovery – You are starting to find your way again. You get your “swagger” back. You are figuring out what’s next.
- Role Modeling – After recovery, it’s important to carry this forward. Showing and demonstrating that during career transition and crisis that opportunities abound.
See more from EW Tibbs at ewtibbs.com.
Author: EW Tibbs
A Proactive, Determined Leader Who Builds Lasting, Collaborative Relationships with key constituencies to advance the goals of the organization. A visionary change agent, who sets the highest performance standards for himself and for the organization. Seeks out difficult, long-standing problems and solves them with a deft political touch. Especially effective in building positive relationships (medical staff and other). Strong clinical knowledge and experience create solid working relationships with clinical team members. Builds high performing teams and empowers them to solve problems and move the organization forward. A skilled financial steward who is fact-based and data-driven.