Wiederhold & Associates has served every sector of the healthcare industry, so we understand the industry’s issues, its ever-changing environment, and its impact on the needs of employees. The Individual Partnership Quest (IPQ), our transition program sponsored by the individual, provides career management skills to achieve both short-term goals—job placement—and long-term goals—professional and personal success. The IPQ process identifies professional and personal uniqueness and packages it to effectively promote the client to a targeted market as a “unique” product. Understanding that “life is a journey, and not a destination,” we partner with you today and mentor you for the future.
The world we live in now is much different than it was ten years ago. The same old approach will get you the same old results. You can no longer approach transition the way you did in the past, it is highly competitive now and you need to take your game to the next level. If you do not, you will be looking a very long time or will end up in the wrong position. Transition is now a science, not a mindless process utilizing old and outdated methods.
You need to choose your partner in this journey wisely. Cookie cutter approaches are not effective, programs with very limited time frames will no longer work, working with organizations minus key industry relationships will lengthen time out and programs lacking a strategy piece will create roadblocks.
Welcome to our world. Where every program is customized whether you are looking to continue as is, consult, do interim work, start your own business or leave the industry, we will get you there. We are coaches, motivators, advocates and we will hold you accountable. We understand that an individual program must be joint risk and it must be economically feasible. We have created a unique program based on thirteen components that are essential to all transitions both internal and external.
- Passion - how do we develop passion for our journey knowing that without it we will never survive the tough days ahead.
- Attitude - your attitude determines your altitude. If you take the high road and look for the positive in the challenge people will be attracted to you.
- Confidence - all the components are extremely important however the one that must be present at the highest level is confidence. It is a balance of I and we. It reflects a situation where performance is still improving.
- Planning - proper planning prevents poor performance. The dream does not become reality until the pen hits the paper. Without a plan there is no accountability. Activity equals results and focus on that which is controllable not on that which is not.
- Presentation/Interviewing - presentation is important whether it's in an interview or in a two-minute presentation regardless we send a message we want to send the right message. We need to understand the concept of closing the information vacuum/gap. The interview is where the rubber meets the road and most people are not proficient at it and why, not enough practice.
- Preparation - how we prepare for our interviews, for our meetings is the best way to both differentiate us and to build confidence.
- Self-Promotion - most clients struggle with this component. The reason is that we have a difficult time finding the right balance and knowing when it's appropriate and when it's not. There are several ways to self-promote, most people are not aware of them. Be seen as the subject matter expert.
- Differentiation - in the current market supply far exceeds demand. If one doesn't understand this component, one could get lost in the shuffle. One must differentiate themselves in every step of the transition.
- Reference Control - we often forget the importance of controlling our references because we assume that they will always say the right thing. References fall into three categories. Category one, those that sell you well. Category two, those that mean well but do not deliver the message effectively, and Category three, those that do not belong on our reference list. We will help you determine what categories your references fall into.
- Follow-Up - of all the components, this is by far the one most neglected, and why, we could not tell you. Yet, when executed correctly it will clearly separate the client from his/her competition.
- Activity - finding that next opportunity, no matter what it is, is a desire. It is a desire because you do not have complete control over it. If you focus on the next job you will create frustration in your process, if you focus on activity, that which is controllable, you will increase your success and at the same time diminish your frustration.
- Baggage - we all have baggage whether it's generated by business activities or personal activities. It does not in any shape or form help us move forward. When executives/managers exit organizations where it is not completely in their control there is going to be some baggage. In transition, the exit story has to be delivered as a win-win situation and in order to do that, the client needs to change his/her perspective.
- Networking - on the conservative side, 70% of all jobs are found through networking. Networking is not just about the number of people you know but about the depth of the relationships. This is the most neglected component in transition because it requires human interaction and potential rejection.
At Wiederhold & Associates we help you take all 13 of these components to the next level. We like to refer to this as creating the wow factor.
3 Phase Approach
Phase I – Assessment – This will consist of removing the barriers to success, defining a clear path and a full understanding of the process.
Phase II – Nuts and Bolts – You’ll learn everything you will ever need to know about transition and how to implement it. This phase ends at the agreed upon time-frame.
Phase III – ‘Gratis’ – We work with you the first six months in your new position to focus on building the right foundation for success. This phase does not apply to time-limited programs.
The Wiederhold & Associates Difference
- Because we have focused on the continuous improvement of our transition program, which has resulted in shorter times in transition for our clients, we are extremely competitively priced. This has helped us meet the diminishing dollars available for transition yet not compromise the end result. In most instances as a result of the above, we have been able to offer complete programs to clients with the budgeted dollars offered by the organization/sponsor.
- Three Phase Program – very few firms offer this type of program. We believe that recruitment and retention should be combined for true success. That is why we offer for the first six months of new employment an option for our on-boarding process.
- If needed, Myers Briggs evaluation provided by Sandy Somers to assist in determining best fit and strengths/weaknesses in executing transition.
- Résumé written by one of our expert résumé writers. A résumé will not get you the job/position but is the tool that opens the door and we believe it needs to send the correct message.
- Intensive training session with Jim Wiederhold to initiate search with emphasis on face-to-face interviewing skills using BBI approach. Immediate feedback on interviewing skills. A video is taken and shared with the client electronically.
- Introduction to largest healthcare network in the U.S. The network includes senior healthcare executives, consultants, recruiters and vendors. These are not individuals we do not know, but individuals we have formed long-term relationships with. Our network is strong in every region of the U.S.
- We have moved people successfully into traditional roles, consulting roles, entrepreneurial roles, interim and non-healthcare roles.
- We focus on healthcare. We know the industry.
- Scheduled meetings, coupled with non-scheduled meetings, to work with client on real world situations.
- If needed, business cards and administrative support provided by Wiederhold & Associates support staff.
- We connect our clients with hiring authorities in major healthcare organizations. We have instituted a very proactive approach to the other half of the equation. We do not limit ourselves to just the tools we provide you but we actively introduce you to people who are in a position to make a hiring decision.
- We have outstanding references. We want you to contact our references not just look at reference letters.
- We get results and isn't that what it's all about?
- A history of creating a win/win situation for sponsoring organization and client. We make sure that the relationship between the sponsoring organization and our client is the best it can be. We want the clients to move on successfully as well as the organization/sponsor.
- There were no other programs that we are aware of that offer a shared risk program, meaning that the initial financial arrangement based on performance, provides equal risk on both sides, and supports a consistent equal sense of urgency.