Have you ever felt caught up in a tornado where the winds are howling, you and everything you know is spinning in the air, and feel like you can’t get your ground? Welcome to the world of Healthcare!
You feel like that because that is what you and every other healthcare leader is experiencing right now. The only definite is that things have to be different so that healthcare is more affordable, accessible, and quality-driven.
Wiederhold & Associates knows healthcare and the unique culture and dynamics within which you have to work. We know you have “no” discretionary time. We know what worked in the past will not get you to where you and your organization need to go in the future. This requires transformation: a quantum leap, not baby steps.
Wiederhold & Associates’ Executive Coaches use approaches that go beyond providing you skills. We don’t want you to just “do” things differently: we want you to “be” different. One of our favorite testimonials is this quote from a client: “Others give me skills. You change me!”
To be truly patient-centered requires a different way of thinking: a different mindset. Our coaches will use proven methods to challenge your current assumptions; motivate you to go beyond your comfort zone, to enhance strategic partnerships and achieve results that impact your bottom line and the patient.
In this program I am joined by a colleague, Joy Goldman RN, MS, PCC. Joy is an accomplished professional in leadership coaching, learning and organizational effectiveness. Joy has walked in your shoes. She has been the highest nursing executive in a community-based hospital. With a more than 30-year career in healthcare, Joy’s expertise and experience has included direct clinical care, nursing administration, leadership and organizational effectiveness, and executive and physician-leadership coaching. Joy’s work has included executive coaching to support culture change, executive onboarding and assimilation, and improvement in leadership and team effectiveness.
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
Our typical clients are:
- C-Suite executives who want and need to drive change and get fast results within their ever-complex systems and organizations
- Physician leaders transitioning from clinical care to administrative roles
- Medical Directors, Chiefs of Medical Staffs, Chief Medical Officers
- Executives who get results but seem to crush people during the process
- High Potential Leaders who are expanding their scope and increasingly need to rely on others to get the work accomplished
- Nursing and Allied Health Mid-Managers in departments with high impact on strategic results
OUR MODEL:Our Executive Coaching Model has the following foundations/ stages:
- Assessment: Use of validated, behavioral and personality assessments, and 360 degree feedback instruments that help to increase self awareness, discovery of strengths and risk of overdone strengths which impede performance
- Goals: Defined strategic goals for development that answer the “so what” of development: To what end are we developing the leader?
- Practice: Application of new skills to existing projects
- Sustaining behavior change through mentors, internal partners, and revised systems
Common development areas addressed include:
- Strategic Focus
- Emotional Intelligence
- Coaching and Listening Skills
- Mentoring & Development
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Conflict Management
- Team-Building/Team Effectiveness
This program is offered on both an individual and corporate level.